Re: [Evolution] emacs keybindings in 1.4?

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 09:02, Ross Burton wrote:
On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 14:11, Alain Mellan wrote:
Evolution respects the GNOME keyboard settings, so run Preferences ->
Keyboard Shortcuts.

I know. But it doesn't do any good it seems. Was working with 1.2. I'm
running the GNOME desktop from RedHat 9, not Ximian Desktop. Could that
be it?

Nope -- I believe it should Just Work, so if you are sure Evolution has
been restarted (i.e. the gtkhtml3 factory was killed), file a bug I
guess.

Unless someone who knows better steps forwards of course... :)

Unless this got resolved recently without me hearing about it, it's most
likely the same GTK bug that's been biting people using Galeon and other
programs for months now. Namely, regardless of your layout, the
application hotkeys come first. So even if you have your layout set to
Emacs mode (like I do), if an application has Ctrl+A listed as "Select
All" on the Edit menu for example, Ctrl+A becomes "Select All" not
beginning of line. To verify that your keybindings are set right in
GNOME at least (even if GTK does butcher them), try using Ctrl+K in
Evolution. It should still do an emacs-style "kill to end of line" since
it's not bound to anything else. However, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+E, and just about
all the other useful Emacs keybindings are assigned to useless actions
like "select all" and "find regexp", etc.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837