Re: [Evolution] I want more (or less) of Evolution

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 14:28, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
When I first started using Evolution, I was looking for an MUA, period,
not "groupware".  I didn't like the way Evolution's installation
disabled my beloved and elegant jpilot.

Mark Gordon kept me an Evolution user by showing me which packages to
uninstall, such as gnome-pilot and pilot-link.ximian.  That was version
1.0.8. and I have upgraded to all of the stable releases, now using
1.2.4.  I use Red-Carpet for my upgrades.  The upgrades have kept the
pilot portions of Evolution off, as I then wished.

Now, I need more help.  I either want to restore the pilot conduits
(including USB support for my clie) or remove the calendar and task
components as I removed the pilot support.

calendar and tasks are part of the main evolution package, so it's not
possible to remove them.

I am running Linux on an older lower powered machine, so if I am not
using the calendar and the task list, I don't want them hogging memory
and resources.  Is there anyone who can point me to instructions to
either

you can remove the calendar files in /usr/share/oaf so that the calendar
and task components are not found by OAF, so not loaded.

cheers