Re: [Evolution] Connection to Palm m500 lost with Evolution 1.4

k,  it had to do with the permissions for /dev/usb/ttyUSB1.
Works now.

@Ximian :-): There seem to be many people out there with similar problems concernig Palm USB-configuration. (quite unlikely especially for less-advanced Office-users). Could you put a foolproof how-to somewhere among the support-docs?

regards
/Michael

Michael Loose wrote:

Redhat 9, currently updated.

Since i've upgraded to evolution 1.4 i can't connect (Hotsync) to my palm device anymore
(worked well before after performing some Voodoo...).

Can anyone point me to an advisory or give any hint how to get this fixed? Last time i had to download packets from an unsubscribed rc-channel and do a hard reset before configuring the device, but it doesn't seem to work that this way for now.

The cradle appears in /proc/bus/usb/devices and i can access the device using pilot-xfer.

regards

/Michael