Re: fortune (was: [Evolution] Ximian & Wanda)
- From: Chris Blake <cblake pbpc co za>
- To: "Mark R. Bowyer" <Moredhel Earthling Net>
- Cc: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>, Ximian Mailing List <evolution lists ximian com>
- Subject: Re: fortune (was: [Evolution] Ximian & Wanda)
- Date: 03 Jun 2003 17:13:08 +0200
On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 16:43, Mark R. Bowyer wrote:
Don't just use "fortune" as your script to generate the .sig - write a
shell script to do everything for you. But be sure to use full path
names to everything in it, or you may find bits going blank.
Something like this:
#! /bin/csh -f
echo "-- "
Did as you suggested.....
As you can see from my tag, I get no "newline" inserted after my details
This is my first script on any Linux box so mayhap I`m missing some
I`ll be heading out now and will pick up on this thread in around 15
hours...thanks for the tips in the interim...
-- Chris Blake Office : (011) 782-0840 Cell : 083 985 0379 Remember that
as a teenager you are in the last stage of your life when you will be
happy to hear that the phone is for you. -- Fran Lebowitz, "Social
] [Thread Prev