Re: fortune (was: [Evolution] Ximian & Wanda)

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 16:43, Mark R. Bowyer wrote:

Don't just use "fortune" as your script to generate the .sig - write a
shell script to do everything for you.  But be sure to use full path
names to everything in it, or you may find bits going blank.

Something like this:

        #! /bin/csh -f

        echo "-- "
        cat ~markbo/.templates/signatureN
        /usr/bin/fortune

Howdy,

Did as you suggested.....

As you can see from my tag, I get no "newline" inserted after my details

This is my first script on any Linux box so mayhap I`m missing some
things....

I`ll be heading out now and will pick up on this thread in around 15
hours...thanks for the tips in the interim...

-- Chris Blake Office : (011) 782-0840 Cell : 083 985 0379 Remember that
as a teenager you are in the last stage of your life when you will be
happy to hear that the phone is for you. -- Fran Lebowitz, "Social
Studies"