Re: fortune (was: [Evolution] Ximian & Wanda)

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 16:20, Andre Klapper wrote:
Am Die, 2003-06-03 um 14.58 schrieb guenther:

Tools / Settings / Composer Preferences / Signatures

Hit 'Add Script' button, enter a name for that new signature and set
Script to '/usr/games/fortune'.

You can assign that signature to an account with
 Tools / Settings / Mail Accounts / <account> Edit / Identity
 Default Signature

hi,

yes it works, but in this case the problem is that evolution 1.2.4 on
suse8.1 does not add the "-- " line to the begin of the signature when
using fortune.
when i just add a normal text, evolution does right and adds "-- "
automatically.

any ideas anyone or does it work correctly with 1.3.92?

thanks in advance,
andre

Hi,

On MDK 9.1 it adds the randomly chosen fortune into the message, but
also doesn`t insert a seperator line before that.
I didn`t know it was supposed to do that. I also have to type my name
and details everytime, how can I get around that.

Chris