Re: fortune (was: [Evolution] Ximian & Wanda)

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 15:44, Chris Blake wrote:

On MDK 9.1 it adds the randomly chosen fortune into the message, but
also doesn`t insert a seperator line before that.
I didn`t know it was supposed to do that. I also have to type my name
and details everytime, how can I get around that.

Don't just use "fortune" as your script to generate the .sig - write a
shell script to do everything for you.  But be sure to use full path
names to everything in it, or you may find bits going blank.

Something like this:

        #! /bin/csh -f

        echo "-- "
        cat ~markbo/.templates/signatureN
        /usr/bin/fortune

Generates something like (I'm using my own scripts to take blocks out of
my own files, but the principal is the same):

--
o o                                       mailto:Moredhel earthling net
/v\ark R. Bowyer  http://www.bowyer.screaming.net   Mark Bowyer Sun COM