Re: [Evolution] Delete messages on server when deleted locally

On Sun, 2003-06-01 at 21:50, Bill Yohman wrote:

This exact concept is implemented in Eudora. You can chose the following:

Leave on server
   -- delete from server after x days
   -- delete from server when emptying trash
   -- manually delete individual messages from server (little button in
each message)
Delete from server

At least the first two have been in the bugzilla wishlist for Evolution
since before the release of v1.0.  From what I can gather after almost
three years on this list, Evolution development seems primarily
concerned with corporate needs, which generally means IMAP, and
Microsoft's (per)version of it.  POP3 is supported but it is an absurdly
simple protocol, not so hard to implement.

As you correctly point out, the changes you request are also rather
simple.  In fact, coming to Evolution from Eudora, I myself (and many
others) pleaded for such changes, before finally giving up and switching
my server to IMAP (which I'm much happier with).  But anyway, I wouldn't
count on these features being incorporated into Evolution any time soon,
unless you or someone chooses to contribute the code.

Perhaps sylpheed supports them?

Eric

--
I have nothing against the American people...
...but it is time for a regime change