Re: [Evolution] Searching All Mail

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 20:39, Thomas Frayne wrote:
On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 18:54, HvR wrote:
i find that scanning the emails for recipients is not that fast if you
have many large emails, what i use as matching rule is "received is
before now" it is oodles faster...

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 15:10, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 22:28, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
My rule is "recipient contains '@' from all local and remote folders" -
that works pretty well :)

Tuomas

I like your date trick.  I don't use remote folders.  I use all local
folders plus Send and Inbox, which are not brought in by all local
folders.

Tom

dang -- okay, I'll quit griping. I've combined both suggestions and I'm
blown away at how fast it is. P3-850 laptop, 16,133 messages in the
Everything vfolder, and it takes less than five seconds to search with
the toolbar.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...