Re: [Evolution] Searching All Mail

Jack Coates wrote:

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 11:03, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 13:55, Jack Coates wrote:
On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 22:14, simran wrote:
Hi All, Is there a way to search through all mail - in all folders?
I used to do it via a virtual folder i had created called:

'All Mail' for which the rules were, Status does not equal 'Deleted'
                Source: All Local Folders

But i just noticed that now i have to add each folder into the source, i
can't just say "all local folders" - last time i used it was a while
ago, so not sure when it broke (aka, which upgrade i did that broke it)
- but i now use evo 1.4.3.
I would be interested in knowing how other people "search through all
mail"?
simran.
"all local folders" should work. What doesn't work for me is selecting
specific folders, because it then doesn't search the subfolders.
it's not supposed to.

Ah. I must be unusual in building a folder structure like this then:

inbox
unix
        mailing-list
        mailing-list
        mail
                mailing-list
                mailing-list
        hardware
                mailing-list
                mailing-list

network
        mailing-list
        mailing-list
work
        client
                project
                project
                client-sent-mail
        employer
                client
                        project
                        project
                client
                        project
                employer-sent-mail

If I know that the information I'm looking for was related to employer,
but don't know which project it was, it would be better to search
employer and subfolders rather than all local folders.

I didn't say you *couldn't* search all subfolders, just that selecting a folder to search should not magically include subfolders.

You are able to just select the specific folders you wish to search under. Eg. you can select "employer" and "client" and "project" folders individually and add them to the list of folders to search.

Jeff