Re: [Evolution] Searching All Mail

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 22:28, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
You are able to just select the specific folders you wish to search
under. Eg. you can select "employer" and "client" and "project" folders
individually and add them to the list of folders to search.

Usually the most useful thing is the "all mail on all folders" -vfolder,
in most cases you find what you are looking for anyway - it's pretty
powerful as a "mail google".

It's generic, reasonably fast (I have 134000 messages in my Evolution
(yea, about the time to clean up a bit :), it takes a moment to come up,
but every time it's faster than looking through the stuff manually
anyway..)

So if you make more fine-grained ones, usually you need something that
can be outside  that folder tree branch anyway - I have found that the
most generic "match all everywhere" is the most useful in practice.

My rule is "recipient contains '@' from all local and remote folders" -
that works pretty well :)

Tuomas

--