Re: [Evolution] Move to new machine - Procedure
- From: Ross Boylan <ross biostat ucsf edu>
- To: Trevor Lupton <email trevorlupton co uk>
- Cc: ross biostat ucsf edu, evolution <evolution lists ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Move to new machine - Procedure
- Date: 29 Jul 2003 15:56:16 -0700
On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 03:35, Trevor Lupton wrote:
Is there a published procedure for moving Evolution with all data etc
from one machine to another?
I can't see anything in the FAQ. Maybe I am missing it.
I asked a similar question on May 22, and you might want to look in the
archive. Basically, the only additional info there is that if you are
switching hardware types (big vs little endian, for example) you might
have problems with binary data. Apparently the address book is binary;
most other stuff is not.
Ross Boylan wk: (415) 502-4031
530 Parnassus Avenue (Library) rm 115-4 ross biostat ucsf edu
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics fax: (415) 476-9856
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94143-0840 hm: (415) 550-1062
] [Thread Prev