Re: [Evolution] Re: working offline / headers only / IMAP

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 14:29, guenther wrote:
For 2.0 we are should probably change the offline behavior so that it
starts caching all the messages in the background when you connect so
you have a copy of all messages at all times.  Michael also had some
neat ideas about providing configurable filters to decide what gets
cached...

Sounds like a perfect match for the IMAP rewrite.

Actually, Michael mentioned that this is doable with the current IMAP
implementation.

And wasn't IMAP rewrite scheduled for 1.6? Or was it delayed again?

I think we are just skipping 1.6 as a version number.  :-)

I don't know how much of the IMAP stuff we can do for 2.0.  Since it
seems a sizeable chunk of work and we are resource-limited it sounds
like the best approach would be to develop this in parallel with 2.0 but
not make it a blocker for 2.0.

-- Ettore