Re: [Evolution] Inline pictures in Evo 1.4.3

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 03:39, Richard Holland wrote:
[snip]
Right, here's what I've done - I've just received and e-mail that evo
says has 3 pics, shows their thumbnails, and will only offer a save
option. Their mime-type is image/pjpeg

I downloaded evolution 1.4.0 main package RPM, forcibly installed it,
leaving the rest of the libraries at their current version. Checked
Evo is 1.4.0 by using the help-about window and confirmed 1.4.0.

Opening the same e-mail, the pictures are described as JPEG image
attachments, and are displayed as thumbnails, and inlined already
opened.

As the libraries are the same, this surely HAS to prove something has
changed in the code to handle the inlining of images, and has been
broken!

not much changed between 1.4.0 and 1.4.3 in the mailer, and I just went
over the ChangeLog and nothing could have possibly affected this.

also... I am 100% certain that Evolution never ever handled image/pjpeg
because as NotZed said, the image types we handle is hard-coded and that
list has been the same since the 1.0 days.

also, unless image/pjpeg is identical in format to image/jpeg (and if it
is identical, why the different mime type?), then gdk-pixbuf (part of
Gtk+) doesn't even handle image/pjpeg anyway, so it would be impossible
for us to support it.

Jeff

I'm going to stay at 1.4.0 for now, until 1.4.4 or later comes out to
fix this again!

Many thanks to those that confirmed this wasn't my imagination!

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.