Re: [Evolution] Inline pictures in Evo 1.4.3

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 07:24, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
ok, well... likely the problem then is that gtk does not support that
image type, and hence it cannot display it inline :-)

Yes, the thing is, this is something that's changed from 1.4.0 to 1.4.3, as it always used to work!

And NotZed said...
If its something that has changed with a newer version of evolution, it
sounds more like gnome-vfs or something, since we only (*ever*) support
'image/jpeg' in our code (among some other image types).

There is absolutely no way 'this worked in 1.4.0' if it was being
identified as image/pjpeg since the inlinable image types are hardcoded
and hasn't changed for years.

I can categorically state that image/pjpeg works in Evo 1.4.0 and earlier, my flatmate is still on 1.4.0 and it works fine on his machine, but not on my 1.4.3! (Both machines running Mandrake Linux 9.1, gnome desktop 2, almost identical hardware).

When I've got time tomorrow (i.e. day off work) I'll try reverting some of the image libraries back to what they were under 1.4.0 and see what happens and let you know.

Rich.

--
Richard Holland
richard tellytart co uk