[Evolution] Shell Scripts Featuring Evolution

I would like to write a quick little shell script that will...

1.  Start Evolution if Evolution is not already running; and
2.  Maximize the Evolution window if it is running and is minimized.

Since I have only a little shell scripting under my belt and I have no
idea what the relevant Evolution-related commands might be, can anyone
help me get started with this little project?  I would like to write
this script so that when I click on the Inbox monitor icon on my Gnome
panel, it will open up Evolution and check my mail whenever the monitor
indicates I have mail waiting for me.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford