Re: [Evolution] How does the evo filter for mailing list work?

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 20:46, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
Hello!

I have viewed full headers of messages in one of the mailing lists I am
subscribed to, and found no List-* or Mailing-List kludge. And yet Evo
has successfully created a filter for this mailing list, and this filter
works!

Question: HOW does it work? By Reply-To?

I need it for development of something very different (a server-side
filter).

Thanks in advance for any explanation!

I'm not entirely sure how Evolution is doing it, but the reliable way to
filter list mail is to look at the SMTP reverse-path, often visible in a
'Return-Path:' or 'Sender:' header, or in the initial 'From ' line of
mbox mail.

List-ID, X-Been-There, Reply-To and other headers all have false
positives.

--
dwmw2