Re: [Evolution] Need Help Debugging 1.4.2 (CVS)

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 04:54, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
Just did some major upgrading of gnome packages on Mandrake Cooker, and
now I'm getting some weird problems.  I've recompiled gal, libsoup,
gtkhtml, and evolution (from evolution-1-4-branch for gtkhtml and
evolution) against all the new packages, but the problems all persist.
I need help trying to figure out what is causing the problems..... which
are:

1 - gtkHTML doesn't use the same monospace font that other gnome apps
use.  gnome-font-properties shows whatever font rendered properly (and
I've tried many), but when viewing or editing plain-text, it looks like
the attachment.  Any ideas?

2 - Evolution freezes on links. top shows no process hogging.  This can
be easily reproduced by clicking on a link (instant freeze).
The following warning pops out when it's a freeze due to a link in a
mail, but it freezes on links in the Summary also - with no warning.
This obviously worked up until the gnome updates.

there is a bug about this filed under bugzilla.gnome.org::libgnome since
it is a bug in gnome_url_show(). However, I believe it was closed
because no one could reproduce it anymore. no one seems to be able to
figure out what the problem is/was...

(evolution-1.4:9619): evolution-mail-WARNING **: gnome_url_show: The
default action does not support this protocol.

perhaps this has somethuing to do with the above bug?

Any pointer on how/where to debug this stuff would be appreciated.

gdb? :-)

Thanks,
Lonnie Borntreger

---- GNOME Package List ----