[Evolution] Telephone listings - default settings

I had basically the same complaint (see Evo. digest Vol 1 #10 :Can't edit fields in "Card View" Addressbooks). I got the following response from Chris Toshok <toshok ximian com>:

"It's not possible at the moment.  The minicard view uses hardcoded logic
to display certain fields with more priority.

Chris"

The only way around it I have found is to create a custom view of the "phone list" type, and edit the view to display the fields of interest. The disadvantage of "phone list" views is that they don't have the "alphabet buttons" on the right, so searching for a contact requires typing their name into the search area.

Steve

--
Steven P. Auerbach            steven p auerbach saic com
SAIC, MS C/4                  858-826-6493 (office)