Re: [Evolution] lagging and copy

The way of highlighting text and using a middle-click to paste it has
become so second-nature to me that I recently asked a friend of mine why
his copy-and-paste features on his Windows computer weren't working.  He
reminded me that I needed to actually select "copy" and then "paste"
from various menus, or ctrl+c and ctrl+v, and so on.  X handles it so
much more elegantly.  Sadly, I'm about to leave on a 2-month business
trip where I'll be stuck using Windows XP, so I will have to reacquaint
myself with the less efficient method of cutting and pasting.

With regards to slowness of relaunching Evolution, I'd suggest this:

1.  Shut down Evolution
2.  When the "Evolution is shutting down" message goes away, check Top
or ps to see what Evolution-related processes might still be running
3.  Kill those processes, or run "killev" and "oaf-slay" (twice), if
necessary

I've occasionally been surprised to find some evolution related
processes continuing to run even after I've shut down Evolution.  I
don't know if this is a bad thing, though, and it hasn't impacted my
computer's performance (Mozilla is a much bigger memory and CPU hog than
Evolution), so ymmv.

On another note, though,