Re: [Evolution] Shell commands in mail filters

Art Alexion:
(I'm using evo 1.2.0)

use the filter "pipe through shell command" instead.

Thanks -- just put brain into gear.

I was wanting to 'pipe through shell command' as an action rather than a
criterion -- but it looks like I can get away with using it as a
criterion.

If all criteria are to be met it looks like evo keeps evaluating the
criteria until it finds a test which fails and then doesn't bother
evaluating the rest.

I'm in the situation that I want the message to be piped through a
certain shell command whenever some other criteria are met, so I just
have to place my shell command >after< the other criteria.

Thanks Art for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated.

John