Re: [Evolution] Spam Filter -- I need volunteers

[no cc:s please, I read the list]

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 18:44, Marco Tabini wrote:
What do you use? Bayesian filter?

I use a filtering technique *similar* to a Bayesian filter, but because
the conditions are usually Bayesian I didn't want to call it as such.

Ok.

Also, from your mail it's not clear: is spam discarded? I'd advice
*strongly* against it - false positives do happen. Always, sooner or
later.

Actually, it is moved to a special folder. Deleting would be a bad ide.

Good.

Huh!? Ok, forget it.

Thanks for your summary dismissal.

I'm interested in fighting spam. But I'm also somewhat strict in the use
of opensource software - I won't use binary only software.

And exactly what happens if *you* happen to disagree with spamassassin?

I tweak the rules. It's occasionally necessary, but by now bogofilter
works very well so I give it more and more weight. I'd say there's <1%
false negatives and <.1% false positives (and those are mostly from
discussions about spam, sometimes containing parts of actual spam
messages - so I can understand that the system gets confused).

cheers
-- vbi

--
Worst Response To A Crisis, 1985: