Re: [Evolution] Long lines and line wrap; revisited

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 21:24, Enver ALTIN wrote:
On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 14:05, Dave Finnegan wrote:
What I'd like to see is the viewer to wrap lines at the width of the
viewer window and simply cut long words at the specified character
count.

While on the subject, some messages don't get wrapped well and quoted
when replying to such a message. Then all I get is a single looong line
quoted, which looks very ugly when somebody receives it.

This is really a problem on the sender's side - the message is sent as a
single long line. Some mailers do this.

Personally, I'd hate it when evo would start breaking up long lines -
when I send mail with a long line, I'd like it to be kept because I made
it long on purpose...

But this is again one of those areas where tastes differ - perhaps a
user setting would be in order?

cheers
-- vbi

--