Re: [Evolution] Threading

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 06:36, Enver ALTIN wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 00:14, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
I've noticed this thread break comes from Outlook and AOL users, and
Lyris list server software also refuses to thread. I really like
threading, so I pay attention to what screws it up.  Surprisingly, yahoo
hosted lists seem to thread very well regardless of the MUA.

The problem of the software you mention has nothing to do with
Evolution, and personally I don't expect it to contain workarounds of
case-special *weird* solutions. It shouldn't fix others' bugs :)

Enver, I never implied that this had anything to do with Evolution nor
whether should provide a workaround to fix other's bugs (though the
discussion over the option to go back to subject based threading would
address this).  I just shared my observation as to which MUAs and list
servers were the culprits.

While on the topic, why doesn't my threaded preference stick in
Evolution?  It sticks in one of my vfolders, but none of the others.

Evolution attempts to remember almost all of the preferences concerning
about the view on a per-folder basis, AFAIK.

That's my understanding, too.  Am I the only one who finds that
Evolution has amnesia when it comes to threading preferences (but
remembers sorting, column, and some other preferences)?

For the record, I am using RH 7.2/kernel 2.4-21/running under
Windowmaker, if it matters.
--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC