Re: [Evolution] ldaps?
- From: Chris Toshok <toshok ximian com>
- To: Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>
- Cc: Tony Earnshaw <tonni billy demon nl>, "Thomas J. Baker" <tjb unh edu>, Evolution Mailing List <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] ldaps?
- Date: 10 Jan 2003 09:22:48 -0800
On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 10:16, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 13:04, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
fre, 2003-01-10 kl. 15:50 skrev Thomas J. Baker:
Does anyone have ldaps working?
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (Openldap 2.1.10/Berkeley
4.1.24 backend). I can't depend on it, and have to permanently disable
it, since I'm too bad-tempered to put up with the sporadic barfs.. Just
as I have to with Evo with WU-IMAP snapshot. Also applies to TLS, on
Whereas Evo smtp TLS and CRAM-MD5 always works.
that's because OpenLDAP libs use OpenSSL and libsasl, whereas evo-mail
uses Mozilla's NSS for SSL and my own custom SASL library that I
designed while drunk and implemented in a day or 2
you may, of course, be right :) At least about the ssl cruft..
although my attempts at setting up sasl for openldap here have met with
extremely poor results (i was also drunk at the time too. hm).
] [Thread Prev