Re: [Evolution] ldaps?

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 15:29, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
Is ldaps supposed to work? I'm working on setting up an ldap server on a
stock Red Hat 8.0 system and have it running with ldap. I now want to
swtich to ldaps but the slapd server reports the following error when
Evo 1.2.1 tries to connect:

connection_get(10)
connection_get(10): got connid=1
connection_read(10): checking for input on id=1
TLS trace: SSL_accept:before/accept initialization
TLS trace: SSL_accept:error in SSLv2/v3 read client hello A
TLS: can't accept.
TLS: error:140760FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unknown protocol
s23_srvr.c:565
connection_read(10): TLS accept error error=-1 id=1, closing
connection_closing: readying conn=1 sd=10 for close
connection_close: conn=1 sd=10

Connecting with openssl s_client -state -debug -connect server:ldaps
seems to work fine. The ldap server reports the connection so it doesn't
appear to be the server.

Thanks,

tjb

Does anyone have ldaps working?

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb unh edu    |