Re: [Evolution] ldaps?

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 13:04, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
fre, 2003-01-10 kl. 15:50 skrev Thomas J. Baker:

Does anyone have ldaps working?

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (Openldap 2.1.10/Berkeley
4.1.24 backend). I can't depend on it, and have to permanently disable
it, since I'm too bad-tempered to put up with the sporadic barfs.. Just
as I have to with Evo with WU-IMAP snapshot. Also applies to TLS, on
these two.

Whereas Evo smtp TLS and CRAM-MD5 always works.

that's because OpenLDAP libs use OpenSSL and libsasl, whereas evo-mail
uses Mozilla's NSS for SSL and my own custom SASL library that I
designed while drunk and implemented in a day or 2
</shameless plug>

:-)

However, my Exim 4.12 smtp server also relies on SSL ldap for absolutely
everything, as do Horde's CVS Turba and Imp - and they *always* work
without exception; so there's nothing wrong with my SSL/TLS setup,
certificates, nothing.

Best,

Tony
--