Re: [Evolution] Evo 1.2.1 bugs / feature requests

cheers();

I will give you some proof later. Had expewrienced some problems with
headers weeks ago but the thread died some time...

take a look at the results from ethereal, I think you'll find that the
server isn't giving us the Status: headers.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to hear about it (and I'm sure I will anyway).

OK, I had a look at the results from ethereal. Now I am suffered from
headaches and I know, why that only is in Mandrake Cooker... ;)

I saw a lot of IMAP commands and some mail headers. But I can't find
those Status and X-Status headers.

To force Evo to get those mails complete, I removed the data in
~/evolution/mail/imap. As I said, I didn't find any X-Status headers.
But Evo knows, what mails are marked as important. Where did Evo get
that from, if not from the headers?

I'm totally confused now. :-/

I checked the cache file corresponding to the X-UID of the mail with the
important status set. The mail header looks exactly like view /
email-source shows.

I assume, those Infos are in the summary file. But still, where did Evo
get X-Status from, as I deleted the summary file? Must some other IMAP
command. RFC 2060 is way more complicated, than just fetching mail from
an dumb POP3 account...

btw: I tried to telnet to the IMAP server. I managed at least to
communicate a bit with the server. But I didn't manage to retrieve a
message or at least the header...

A999 UID FETCH 680 FLAGS
* 19 FETCH (UID 680 FLAGS (\Seen \Flagged))

Is this command the way, Evo gets the flags (like important) from the
server?

If anyone can tell me, where I can learn about IMAP commands, I would
love to know about that. The plain RCF really isn't a lightweight...

...guenther