Re: [Evolution] Smart Completion Less Convenient

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 16:13, Andrew Cowie wrote:
On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 06:44, Lane P. Lester wrote:
The smart completion of contacts when entering the To: field of an
email has changed from presenting options after a single character to
the need to type 3 characters before you see anything.

While we're on the subject, here's a slight feature modification that
would be brilliant:

When auto-complete comes up, one down arrows to the address desired.
However, one then MUST press enter to select it.

A more intuitive response is to press comma ',' to immediately begin
entering another recipient.

However if you press ',' and not 'ENTER' then it reverts to leaving you
the first three+ letters "Ale," instead of the desired "Alex
Whatshisname <alex dot com>,"

Any way we could add that? Need a bug filed?

Andrew

Yes, and that's how it worked before (I _think_; not positive about the
comma thing but you definitely didn't have to press Enter all the time).

Also, the "nickname" feature of contacts is fairly useless now.  I used
to, for example, be able to type "evo" and tab away from the "To:"
field, and Evolution would correctly resolve that to be the Evolution
mailing list.  Now it opens up the drop-down menu and you must, as you
say, press Enter to select it.

I'm glad Ximian people are talking about getting it back to how it
worked before.  Once Chris (I think it was him) got things working
before the 1.0 release, it was wonderful.

Eric

--
I have nothing against the American people...
...but it is time for a regime change