[Evolution] Successful Treo <-> Evolution 1.2.1 Sync

Now... let me see if I can remember how i did it ;-)

1. Syncing already worked between treo and jpilot, so the kernel support
and pilot-link support was there and working... (that enough for many
other e-mails).

2. downloaded gnome-pilot-0.1.71 source

3. applied the patches that came with the source rpm
(gnome-pilot-0.1.65-synctype.patch & gnome-pilot-0.1.70-noapplet.patch)

3. ./configure

4. make

5. make install

even though I got errors on this... it did put a fresh gpilotd up in
/usr/bin

Note! I told tools/Pilot Setting/Devices that my device was a SERIAL
device NOT a USB device ... go figure

Then I fired up evolution, attached the treo, hit the hotsync button,
fired up /usr/bin/gpilotd (as myself... not as root)... and watched all
my contacts, todo's and calendar items update!

--
John M Trostel <jtrostel mindspring com>