Re: [Evolution] LDAP server update with Evolution

Ahhh, ok.  Now I understand your problem.  I just spent a while digging
around the contact editor and the ldap backend, and have discovered that
this one is going to be a really tough bug to fix given the way ECard
parses the name on its own and figures out what the surname is - there's
no easy, non-disgusting way (that I can think of at the moment) for the
ldap backend to deal with this..  We could just set the name->family to
NULL then reparse from "full_name", but that'll break users that use the
full name dialog to enter names that would parse differently if
evolution did it.

Simple workaround in the meantime - put your cursor in the full name
field and insert then delete a space :)  just something to change the
field so evo will reparse it.

Chris