Re: [Evolution] Application Transfer to Palm?

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 12:42, W Pennington wrote:
How do you transfer a downloaded application to a Palm/Visor/Clié with
Evolution during the synchronization?

You can't do it during Evolution Palm Sync, but...

In a terminal window

$ pilot-xfer -i /path/app.prc

substituting the path and file name of the app to be installed for
/path/app.prc

pilot-xfer will prompt you to press the sync button, and installation
will proceed ... separate from a sync.

This capability is provided by the Pilot-Link package.  The evolution
install replaces pilot-link with pilot-link.ximian, a version tuned to
work with Evolution.  In theory,it should still work, but as a
disclaimer, I synced once to transfer my contacts, then deleted
pilot-link.ximian and gnome_pilot and reinstalled the original
pilot-link package.  I can no longer sync with Evolution, but my ability
to sync with jpilot is restored along with all of the pilot-link
features which I use extensively.  I wasn't ready to give up jpilot's
light footprint, its ability to sync memos and perform full backups.
And I suggest you read the man page for pilot-link and its components.
If you don't mind the console interface, it provides a lot of very
important palm utilities.

--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC