Re: [Evolution] How are deleted messages marked?

For maildir, you check the T flag in the filename.

For mbox, the flags are stored in the X-Evolution header as a 4 byte
hexadecimal number.  The deleted flag is bit #1, or 0x02.

See camel/camel-folder-summary.h for a list of the main flags, and
camel/providers/local/camel-local-summary.c:local_summary_(en|de)code_x_evolution() for the exact code used
to create/read the header.