[Evolution] How are deleted messages marked?

I'd like to put together a script that extracts all non-deleted messages
from my Inbox in Evo, and copies them to a new mailbox for processing by
SpamAssassin's Bayesian learning algorithms. Obviously I can do this by
hiding deleted messages in my Inbox, selecting all the messages that are
showing, and copying them to a new folder, but I'd like to automate that
process to run nightly. My question is, how do I know by looking at the
mbox file (or other files) if a particular message is marked for
deletion or not?

Tom

--
Thomas <hazard imsa edu>