Re: [Evolution] Evo memory use

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 08:14, William Pietri wrote:
Now that y'all mention it, it seems that Evolution 1.2.2 occasionally
takes an inordinately long time (circa 10 seconds) when I try to view
new messages that have arrived in large (500-5000 messages) IMAP
folders, and I don't think I saw this before. When I've noticed this,
local CPU and network traffic were minimal, and the server CPU was
pegged.

I've seen it take minutes to download one particular mail -- usually not
even a mail with attachments but just a small plain-text mail. On these
occasions, it'll happily download _other_ mail; it's just stuck on one.
If I double-click on the offending mail (which it's already marked
'read' by now), then continue down the folder, the new window with the
offending mail with usually turn up eventually.

Is this a known problem? And if not, is there a good way to turn on IMAP
debugging? If not, I will re-learn the magic for decrypting IMAPS
streams and see if I can figure out what is happening.

I have new camel stream for accessing an IMAP folder by running a
command (such as 'ssh $mailserver exec /usr/sbin/imapd'). It's not ready
for submission yet but I've had it working. Would that be useful, in
conjunction with a small program to log all throughput?

--
dwmw2