[Evolution] Evo Gnucash conflict

I have Evo 1.2.2, installed using Red Carpet.  There were some problems
getting this to work, because of gtkhtml issues, but they are now
solved.

My problem is being able to run Gnucash with Evo.  It appears that the
version of Gnucash distributed with SuSE 8.1 uses gtkhtml v<1.1, whereas
Evo 1.2.2 requires v>=1.1.  I suppose I could build Gnucash bit by bit
to avoid this, but I'd rather take the lazy path and use the version
that came with my SuSE CDs, because it takes care of all the
co-requisiste software.

Is there any way I can do this and remove the gtkhtml that Gnucash
installs, and let it run with the version that Red Carpet installs?
Will Gnucash know where to look to find the later version?

Ron