Re: [Evolution] Saving attachments annoyance

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 06:26, Bill Hartwell wrote:
On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 04:10, Tommy Kelly wrote:
Unfortunately, as soon as I move away from the initial
directory, the suggested filename is removed from
the bottom filename box, and I have to either type
it in again, or copy it before traversing and
then paste it when positioned at the required directory.
(...)
Unfortunately, this is not an Evolution problem. It seems to be an X
problem. I've noticed it in several programs, mostly programs that are
neither Gnome nor KDE based. KDE takes care of the problem pretty
effectively, and I've noticed that some Gnome programs do as well, but
not all of them.

This is actuallly a bug / usability problem in the GTK file selector.
As a consequence, all the GNOME/GTK apps have this problem.

Although, I thought there was a patch for this in the Ximian GTK
packages...

-- Ettore