Re: [Evolution] Problem with reply and other stuff (OT)

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 15:25, Steven R. Ringwald wrote:
Right. What stopped the deployment of Evo was the immediate violation
of corporate standards, and the difficulty it involve to make the
client behave in the appropriate way. The company's documentation
guidelines strictly state that memos (which include email) are to be a
stack, with the newest commentary on top. This way, the results can be
seen without having to page through the message.

I don't understand -- maybe it's just your gratuitous use of HTML making
your message appear differently to everything else that doesn't land in
the spam bin, and hence causing my limited brain to have difficulty
understanding it.

Evolution _already_ conforms to your stated policy, does it not? The
fact that said policy is a direct violation of commonly accepted
Netiquette in the outside world is neither here nor there -- Evolution
allows this behaviour between consenting adults and nobody's suggested
that it should be prevented, merely that a configuration option should
be provided which encourages conformance to standard practice instead.

--
dwmw2