[Evolution] Pointing to my evo data on a Windows server

Hi folks,

I've built a new box with RH8 and then upgraded Evo to 1.2 (which, by
the way, has SO MANY nice little enhancements and speed boosts over
1.0.8!!!! It rocks!). So I'm ready to convert to using this as my
primary email client.

The one thing holding me back is that evo points to data on my local
machine. A while back I asked about how to point to data on another
machine, say, to /mnt/q/maildata/evolution, where (obviously) /mnt/q is
a mounted Windows drive.

Some folks said it couldn't be done. Others said, "Bah!" And someone
else alluded to the idea of using a symlink (??) to point the local evo
data store folder reference to /mnt/q/maildata/evolution.

I understand the concept... but the details are beyond me. I don't want
evo to reference /home/whil/evolution, but to /mnt/q/maildata/evolution.

Any suggestions (detailed steps, pls) on how to go about this?

Thanks,

--
Whil Hentzen <linuxnews hentzenwerke com>