[Evolution] POP over SSL, Evolution doesn't like my certs

You may want to try it with Mozilla or Netscape. I have some experience
with that because our external Salesmen are using it from their Windows
based laptops (sorry guys for Windows)

When checking e-mail the first time and you do not have a certificate
signed by a cert authority it will complain. However, you then can
accept it and it will not ask you the second time, except:
If you are are using the default certificate that comes with the
Distribution. You need to create your own certificate that has the same
WEB address as your server (in my case mailhub.tusonix.net)
As far as I can remember the same questions then come up in evo and you
confirm the cert.

Tom