Re: [Evolution] Remote Contacts/Calendar?

man, 08.12.2003 kl. 01.50 skrev John Locke:

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on how to get this all going? I'm
just getting my head around LDAP, and would like to use it for this...
am looking for some hints for setting up access to different
users--allow read access to some logins, write access to others, and no
access at all to still others.

I have everything up and running on Mandrake 9.1/9.2 systems--looking
for more info about "clever" management of ACLs for LDAP, using
Evolution and other mail software as a client...

Did you see Adam Williams' name just now, on this list? Well, he's been
working on a pretty good (and hefty) doc for a while now:

ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf

Otherwise, there are plenty of pointers on the net that you can search
for. Hmmm ... one of the best ones was Mandrake's HOWTO. O'Reilly has a
book, too.

If you're really serious, you'll join the Openldap and maybe the UMich
mailing lists, search their archives. Lurk a bit before you post,
because whatever you want to do has come up a hundred times during the
past year and a half ;) The best thing to do, is to get stuck in.

Success!

--Tonni

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl