[Evolution] Remote Contacts/Calendar?

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any server software that Evolution
can access so I can store my Contacts and Calendar remotely?

I know the Connector allows you to talk to MS/Windows based
products which I am not interested in.

I know Evolution can handle contacts stored in LDAP but my
understanding it is only read-only. That is, I cannot update
LDAP contacts from within Evolution.

Does anyone know of anything that can run on GNU/Linux or preferably
Solaris that Evolution can remotely access?

Thanks...

  --joe