Re: [Evolution] Remote Contacts/Calendar?

Hello,

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 16:11, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

Depending how clever you are at managing your LDAP ACLs and directory
tree, you can have almost complete contact management using Evo - and
delegate contact list upkeep to other "management" users, if you want.
You can even drag'n drop between local and LDAP Evo contacts. Use the
evolutionperson.schema included with the latest versions. The only thing
you can't (yet?) do, is manage mailing lists with LDAP.

 Oh, and don't forget GQ for management, present version is
1.0b1

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on how to get this all going? I'm
just getting my head around LDAP, and would like to use it for this...
am looking for some hints for setting up access to different
users--allow read access to some logins, write access to others, and no
access at all to still others.

I have everything up and running on Mandrake 9.1/9.2 systems--looking
for more info about "clever" management of ACLs for LDAP, using
Evolution and other mail software as a client...

Thanks,
--
John Locke
Open Source solutions for small business problems