Re: [Evolution] Editing headers

Is their a way I can manually edit or add headers to my emails?

Nope, AFAIK this is not possible without patching the source and
compiling yourself.

Of course this should be possible at least, when using your own MTA
instead of the SMTP server of your provider.

I was just thinking that If I told everyone that emails me to use a
specific header as a keyword or password, then I could easily filter out
the spam.  This could also be accomplished by having a different email
address for my friends.  Plus too many still using AOL and OE, but I
thought I would get some feedback on this idea anyway.

Honestly, I do not think this is an appropriate method to filter SPAM.
There are a couple of good programs out there for this task.

As you just want to filter on a "special Header", why not simply filter
on a "special Phrase inside the body"? That way *all* your friends can
do this easily. However, I am still not convinced about this method...

Basically I realized that my folders for all my user groups NEVER
contain any spam.  All the rest I must sift through manually.

Coincidence. ;-)

How about a filter that checks if the sender is in my address book?  Did
I overlook that?

There was some discussion about this some months ago and I even remember
Python scripts posted here by Cliff Wells and HvR, that can do this.
 http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-March/028310.html
 http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-March/028314.html

As Evolution has no such filter mechanism, basically you have to pipe
the message to an external script (which checks against known addresses)
and move the message based on the return value.

HTH

...guenther