Re: [Evolution] Evolution weather summary and iptables [OT]
- From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- To: Bret Comstock Waldow <bwaldow alum mit edu>
- Cc: Evolution Users <evolution lists ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evolution weather summary and iptables [OT]
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:47:36 -0500
enable outgoing connections generally, and/or 80 specifically.
On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 23:51, Bret Comstock Waldow wrote:
The weather info gathered in the Summary page of Evolution gets its
infor from tgftp.nws.noaa.gov. The blocked packets showing up from my
firewall configuration suggest a destination port on the noaa server of
80. Sounds like www.
The source ports on my machine are in the range 34292, 34300. I'm
surmising from the number of cities I'm gathering from and the number of
ports that show up each port number corresponds to a city.
Can anyone suggest an iptables rule to allow this service?
] [Thread Prev