Re: [Evolution] Feature Wish List

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 16:29, Richard Crawford wrote:
One of the features that Eudora for Windows has that I really like is the
"blah blah blah" button; when viewing a message, you can click this button
in the toolbar, and all the headers for that e-mail instantly appear.
Yes, I know that in Evolution you can go up to View and change your
display, but I would love to be able to do this on selected e-mails only
instead of all of them.  That way if I get a suspicous e-mail I can
examine all the headers with the click of a single button, and I won't
have to re-adjust the view when I move to the next message.

Not an answer, but the way I do this is to double click the message
(getting a separate window) and then doing View -> Message Display ->
whichever within that window.  This is slightly less irritating that it
would otherwise be in that I fairly often want to check a few messages
against each other which requires putting them into their own windows
anyhow.

Incidentally Mozilla Thunderbird has just about exactly the same
problems as evolution in this respect, except if you use my workround it
affects the preview pane for future messages too :-(

        Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]