Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4.4 - Broken?

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 13:49, Jason Frisvold wrote:
Hi all,

         I installed Evo 1.4.4 via the Red-Carpet installer and I think
maybe I made a huge mistake...  It seems that Evo receives and
manipulates mail ok, but sending mail is just not working..  I'm also
running Connector 1.4.4 since I connect to an exchange 2000 system.

         I've tried setting the "Sending Mail" settings to smtp as well,
but I'm still not having any luck...  libsoup-ssl-proxy winds up
chugging away at 99% processor and mail never gets sent...

         Is anyone else having problems?  Is this a known problem?  Is
there any way for me to revert back to 1.4.3 via red-carpet?

         *sigh*

FWIW, I'm able to send mail through Evolution/Connector 1.4.4 (via the
Exchange server).  Did you upgrade libsoup? There was an update to that
which went out at the same time, though it seems to be a requirement of
the new Connector package, so it should have been pulled in
automatically.  It's possible (especially given the symptoms you
describe) that the bug is in libsoup rather than Evolution or
Connector.  Connecting to the libsoup-ssl-proxy process with gdb and
getting a stack trace might be useful.

-Mark Gordon