Re: [Evolution] Evolution vs Mutt

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 06:00, Jose Celestino wrote:
[snip]

- color by filters: Display messages in the index page with different
    colours, acording to defined filters, so that I can jump straight
    away to them (I use a crowded inbox most of the time);

You can make filters set a message's colour. I don't get what you're
wanting here?

You are right (of course), I haven't checked the filters menu well enough.
But, how do I apply filters (CTRL+Y) to all messages? Do I have to
select them all?

Edit->Select All and then Actions->Apply Filters

basically, Apply Filters applies to any/all messages that are selected.

 Can't this be done automagically to all (arriving)

For POP mail this is done auto-magically. I'm guesing by your puzzlement
that you must be using IMAP? If so, you need to check the checkbox that
says "Filter my INBOX" in the account editor.

messages? Can't I change the line background as well as foreground?

No, just the text colour.

Am I asking too much?

Yes :-)

[snip]

Right. Now I know how to do it. Nice.

One more thing, is the font in the message (index) display customizable?

Yes, you can change this via the GNOME Control Centre under the Gtk
Theme or whatever.

Thanks Jeff. I'm one step closer to using evolution :)

No prob.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast