Re: [Evolution] Lost Received time

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 18:45, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 19:09, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 18:07, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
anyways, I guess I can add the Received: header to the list too
(although that boosts the amount of traffic a fair bit since there are
often multiple Received headers and usually they are multi-line).

*sigh*

Oh, it's not that critical.  I just find it sorts more logically for
those who have their computer not set up correctly.  But if you would
prefer to put this work off, no biggie.  I'll just change to using the
Date field.  The "?"'s just threw me off a bit.

I wasn't sighing at you needing the received date, that's fine. I was
more just frustrated with IMAP/speed demands :-)

I wasn't replying to your sigh, I was replying to your speed concern.
If nobody else cares about the Received field, then by all means leave
it out.  Like I said, I'll just switch to using the Date field (in fact
I have).  I used it because it was there, if it's not there I won't use
it.

Unfortunately, Evolution-mail used to fetch the entire HEADER because we
did special things like showing Received date (which I had forgotten
about) and doing mailing-list "magic" for vfolders and such.

I guess I'm just frustrated being forced between a rock and a hard
place. "Here, now...you have to make Evolution's IMAP folder loading as
fast as the fastest client but at the same time you have to do MORE." I
just wish the people demanding the impossible realised how impossible
the task they are asking for really is.

BTW, my IMAP optimisation patch makes loading a folder for the first
time somewhere between 2 and 3 times faster than it was previously,
depending on average header sizes of the messages in that folder.

Not sure how much of an impact asking for all the Received headers will
make. Hopefully not much :\

Like I said, don't re-add the Received header just on my account.  If no
one else cares, just leave it out (although you need to remove the
reference to it in the other parts of the code, like the column list).

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger