Re: [Evolution] Calendar Questions

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 09:10, Dan Winship wrote:
Issue 2: Alarms
Meeting requests from Outlook 2000 that have a reminder set on the
sender's end have this block in them:
  BEGIN:VALARM
  TRIGGER:PT15M
  ACTION:DISPLAY
  END:VALARM
However, no alarm/reminder is added to the meeting when it is accepted
into my calendar.  One, is it supposed to add that?

it is supposed to add the alarm as well, yes. Could you please enter a
bug and attach the event's icalendar string to it?

No, we strip those on purpose.

The issue is that if someone else has "always add an alarm to meetings",
and you don't, and they invite you to a meeting, you presumably don't
want to get the alarm that they automatically added to the meeting
request.

But if you have "always add an alarm" set in Evolution, it ought to add
it when accepting the meeting request.

So the logic goes:
 - strip VALARM
 - if default alarm is set, add default alarm

OK.  That makes logical sense.  How would you feel about changing the
logic to:
 - if default alarm is not set, strip VALARM

My only reason for suggesting this is that my default alarm is 15
minutes before the meeting.  This is great for work meetings.  However,
many of the meeting requests I get are from my wife for personal things
that are happening after work.  It takes me 35 minutes to get home, so
she always sets the alarm to 45-60 minutes before the meeting to remind
me in time to get home for the appointment.  Otherwise, I have to
remember to always edit all appointments from her to change the alarm to
a longer setting than the default (and if I get an meeting update
notice, it resets the alarm again) - or have an angry wife.

Another not so elegant option would be to have an option to open the
appointment editor when accepting a meeting.

Of course, if it's just me, don't bother with changes.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger