Re: [Evolution] Calendar Questions

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 05:46, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
Got two issues/questions on accepting meetings in Evolution (from
Outlook 2000, but I don't know if it's application specific or just an
Evolution oddity), and one Evolution calendar question.

Issue 1: Time
When I receive a meeting request, it translates the UTC time to my
timezone when I view it.  After accepting it, the calendar view shows it
in the proper timeslot for my timezone.  However, if I open it to
view/modify it (like add some comments), the time shown is in UTC.  Is
this a feature or bug?

this is a feature. If the appointment times are in UTC, that's how
evolution treats it, altough as you said, it will convert to local
timezone when displaying the event in your calendar's slots.

Issue 2: Alarms
Meeting requests from Outlook 2000 that have a reminder set on the
sender's end have this block in them:
  BEGIN:VALARM
  TRIGGER:PT15M
  ACTION:DISPLAY
  END:VALARM
However, no alarm/reminder is added to the meeting when it is accepted
into my calendar.  One, is it supposed to add that?

it is supposed to add the alarm as well, yes. Could you please enter a
bug and attach the event's icalendar string to it?

Issue 3: Default Alarms
In the preferences for Calendar and Tasks I have set the option to add a
reminder to every appointment.  But it never does, or at least opening
the appointment and looking at it shows no reminder, and there is no
"bell" icon on the appointment.

that's weird. Restarting evolution does not fix it? maybe the
configuration change hasn't been read yet, since in 1.0.x the config
changes are only saved to disk when you exit evolution, so the event
editor might not be getting the change. This is fixed in 1.1.x, but it
might be that the cause. So try quitting evolution and restarting again
and see if that fixes it.

cheers
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>